You don’t have to have perfect English to function well in Australia. But you may need help to get to the level you want.
Learn English Melbourne offers customised sessions in a local library. Choose from two options:- The Pines
or Doncaster Library
Both venues have parking and public buses.
Now is the best time to start!
You will learn the English you need, and develop ways to organise your learning so that you see real improvement.
Reading and Writing skills
- Build confidence, knowing that your English is clear and correct in your email transactions
- Improve academic writing so it is closer to Australian English usage
- Skim and scan effectively to improve your reading speed and comprehension
- Practise spelling to make your writing more professional
Work Related Skills
- Check your CV is clear, current, and tailored to the job you are seeking
- Discuss tactics for interviews with an experienced workplace professional
- Review your performance based on the Employability skills
- Practise the areas you want to improve
- Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and why they matter
- Tense use
- Sentences, idioms and phrasal verbs
- Building fluency
- Ask for answers to your questions
Speaking Better English
- Clearer speaking
- linking and sentence stress
- word stress and pronunciation hints
- Individualised strategies to work on improvements
New arrival School Children
- Help to understand homework
- Catchup on topics and content of class work: speaking and writing
- Additional support for understanding English texts for school