Heather McGowan is the founder and principal tutor at Learn English Melbourne. Heather has more than 20 years experience in education and teaching in Australia and internationally. She has been involved in exam preparation for IELTS and Cambridge First Certificate, and English teaching and personal tutoring at primary and secondary schools, universities and professional workplaces. Heather’s experience teaching globally has also helped her understand and empathise with her learners.
Heather has successfully helped many learners of all ages, and she is passionate about guiding her learners to embrace the joys of learning English and excelling in all that they do once they master it.
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL Adults)Deakin University
- Joint Honours in Spanish and Education (Bachelor of Arts) UK
- Diploma in Training and Assessment Systems, and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching (Primary)
Heather’s Experience in English
- Taught Workplace English – (Mars Group, Wilson’s Transformers, Local Councils, Nintendo Australia)
- Taught English in a Spanish Secondary School (1 year, Elche, Alicante)
- Taught English in Italian Language Schools (Wall Street English School, and Oxford English College, Milan. 1 year)
- Taught English in Saudi Arabia – (The Continental School, Jeddah, 4 years)
- Taught English in Melbourne – specialist school for new arrival children (Blackburn English Language School, 2 years)
- Taught English in TAFE (Albury NSW), and Charles Sturt University (English/Multicultural Studies; over several years)
- Exam preparation (including IELTS and Cambridge First Certificate; 10 years)